Sunday, February 19, 2012

About Me

Currently I have not formed very strong opinions about government and various political policies, partly due to my lack of knowledge about political terms and my parents aren't involved with voting. However, I have experienced campaigning, voting, and forming  platform ideas for a government this past summer at Texas Bluebonnet Girls State. There were about 500 girls and we were then divided into counties, cities, and put into the House or Senate and Federalists or Nationalists. At Girls State I also had the opportunity to simulate making bills and then carrying on the process to debate during House/Senate meetings where they were either passed or denied to go on further. After taking this course I hope to apply what I have learned and be able to understand the current events about new policies, follow this year's presidential election, and form my own political opinions. By the end I may even be able to participate in voting for president!

No comments:

Post a Comment